Cold weather can cause big problems with your plumbing. Check out these tips for winter weather.
- Make sure you know how to shut off your water to the house. That’s important should freezing weather cause a leak in your pipes.
- If you have a sprinkler system, turn it off and drain it before the first big freeze.
- Disconnect and store your outside hoses. Cover your outside faucets and insulate any exposed pipes.
- If there’s a big freeze coming, turn on your faucets to a slow stream or drip, especially if that faucet is directly against a North or an outside wall.
- If there exposed pipes in a garage or outside patio, make sure they are insulated.
It’s rare that Central Texas gets a long period of sub-freezing temperatures, but it only takes one good freeze to cause major problems. If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to call us. We’re available 24/7.